The new school year is upon us! I love the start of the year because with the new year comes new curriculum. New curriculum brings fresh beginnings and excitement from the kids. I try to do whatever subjects we can together. This year that includes Bible, History, Science, and read alouds. Here are our 2017-2018 Homeschool Curriculum Choices!
Morning Time – Bible and Mad Libs
- The Bible – Right now we are reading straight from the Bible.
- Firmly Planted Family – This is something new to us that I picked up at our homeschool conference this year. I am looking forward to using this resource. There is an assigned Bible reading every day along with a devotion. With each chapter there are lots of different worksheets for all ages. The worksheets include question and answer, word search, fill in the blank, and coloring sheets.
- Illustrated Family Bible Stories – This is a great book with beautiful illustrations. We will read from this book about once or twice a week.
- Bible notebook – Each of the kids has a spiral notebook for Bible. After the Bible reading for the day they write about or draw what they learned.
- Mad Libs – After our Bible time, we do 1 or 2 Mad Libs. It makes a fun start to our morning. We get to laugh and have fun plus the kids are getting a grammar lesson in! 😉
- America’s Story 1 & 2 – I am really excited about this one! The book is full of pictures and is a Charlotte Mason approach to history. The Teacher’s book includes notebooking pages the kids can complete with each chapter. We are going to start about halfway through America’s Story 1 because we have covered the beginning content before. When we are finished with that book we will move on to America’s Story 2.
- History Notebook – Each child has a spiral notebook for History. After we read a chapter, they will each be required to write about or draw something that was talked about in the chapter we just read.
- God’s Design for Heaven and Earth -There are 3 books included in this series: Our Universe, Our Planet Earth, and Our Weather and Water. We will begin with Our Universe.
- Science Notebook – Just like History, each of the kids has a spiral notebook. After we read a chapter, they will each write about or draw something that they learned. There are also worksheets included with the curriculum that M (our oldest) will do.
- We will read various books out loud together. One book that we have started is called “Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims” by Rush Limbaugh. I honestly don’t have a list yet of what we will read. We usually just pick something that sounds interesting to us as we go.
Additional Homeschool Curriculum Choices by Age Level